Skip to main content

Light and Lacy Scarf

For my birthday the hubster bought me some of the Addi-Click Interchangeable needles. These are made for knitting with lace, and they have a more tapered tip which is great when working with fine yarns. I have been looking at tons of lace patterns, and having a hard time to decide on what to make. I love all the beautiful lace-work shawls that are posted on the web, but I dont have the attention span to work on a large project like that. I get bored easily, so I spend my time doing smaller projects that work up quickly.

I came across a basic lace scarf pattern. Again, my friend Deb came to mind. She has the most gorgeous array of scarves, and I wanted to make something to add to her collection. Mind you, I hate doing scarves as they take too long, and they are too long! But, when working in a general lace pattern, there are lots of holes, and that makes the pattern go by faster. I found some lace yarn at Hobbylobby, and it even had sequins in it! Again, Deb came right to mind.

I got right to work on the scarf, and ended up ripping it apart numerous times because of minor mistakes I had made. Eventually I gave up and decided that any tiny mistake would just be a little more love in the scarf.. ;)

The pattern is by Turvid at Give me a Purl! 

The pattern name is One Row Lace Scarf.

I gave Deb the option of this scarf as a wrap around Infinity Scarf, or a conventional one, and she chose the latter so she can wear it in different ways.














Comments