Skip to main content

Many hats

I have found that knitting hats is a love of mine as much as making mittens. I myself, don't really wear hats, and never did until I started running in the winter. I do love making them for friends though, and when I spy a pattern I like, it usually brings a particular friend to mind, and then my knitting needles get hopping.....

So I will start off with this. When I spied this I instantly thought of my friends son and how cute he would be in it. I of course, had to model it also...


The pattern for the Failynn Fox Cowl can be found here:


*********************

I also wanted to make something for this young lad's daddy, who happens to be a good friend. He is of Irish descent, and I really wanted something with cables in it. After trying out different patterns, I decided on this one. I asked once again, that I get a picture with him in it. Of course, since he is a hiker/climber/ultra-runner, he obliged in his own style! 




The pattern for this one, can be found here: 


**************************

My next hat I made for myself, to match my Team Wicked Bonkproof running jacket, which is red and black. I also made the matching mittens.  The cabled brim makes the hat much warmer around the ears and looks good too! 



The pattern for this cabled hat can be found here:


*******************************

I also wanted to make a hat for my running coach, Caleb Masland. He has gotten me all the way from running my first 5K well over a year ago, to my first marathon this past October. To celebrate, I made him this, to go with his jacket. He definitely needed something more "flashy" to match his personality. This is made with a lighter weight DK/sport yarn.

Zportz Beanie
Pattern can be found on Ravelry



Of course he agreed to model it for me...  ;)


At this point I will say, if you need a running coach, 
take the time to research  and talk to Caleb. You won't be disappointed! 

********************

The last of my favorites that I have done so far, is this hat. My friend Isaac volunteered to pace me for my marathon. I wanted to make a little something for him to say thank you. What's different about this hat, is that the top is actually knit in a square, really cool!



You can find the pattern for this one here:


***************

These are just a sampling of the hats I have done thus far. I have done others, but the photos were lost in my old computer.   Guess that just means I may have to reknit those creations again!


© Louise Cunningham 2014   ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 


Please ask for written permission before using any photos, text or content from this blog/site. 
The use of concepts/ideas from this site are restricted to personal/non-commercial uses only. 



Comments